Critical Thinkers with Global Awareness
To provide authentic learning experiences in order to foster conceptual understanding and reasoning skills
- Lower Secondary Historical Investigation (HI)
- Through inquiry-learning, Secondary One students take on the role of historians to investigate what life was like during Colonial Singapore before WWII while Secondary Two students delve into the memories of the Japanese Occupation in Singapore.
- Lower Secondary Geography Investigation (GI)
- Through inquiry and authentic learning, students analyse their GI guiding question, plan their research, gather and select data to construct their geographical interpretations. Secondary One students investigate the quality of water at a local reservoir while Secondary Two students explore what makes some places in the neighborhood special to its residents.
- Upper Secondary Social Studies Issue Investigation (II)
- At the heart of the Social Studies Curriculum is the preparation of our students to be citizens of tomorrow. Through inquiry into real-world issues and authentic learning experiences, Social Studies helps students to attain relevant knowledge and understanding about these issues, develop critical and reflective thinking skills, and appreciate multiple perspectives. Through Issue Investigation, Secondary Three students collaborate and investigate a societal issue, and suggest plausible strategies to address the issue.
- Katong Trail
A signature programme in Broadrick Secondary School for all Secondary One students. They embark on the Katong Trail to learn about the area’s rich culture and heritage, visiting historical sites such as the Sri Senpaga Vinayagar Temple and Holy Family Church and old favorite hangout joints such as Kim Choo Kueh Chang.